Book a golf break in Scotland and stay at the superb The Machrie Hotel and Golf Links. Set in the dunes of Islay, Queen of the Hebrides, The Machrie Links course is one of the most beautiful locations in world golf. Originally designed in 1891 by Willie Campbell, the course has now been fully modernised by D J Russell, the former European tour player.
There is a reason why the Scots invented golf on links land, Machrie land, and the links turf on which the course sits is among the finest in Scotland. The dramatic setting of Laggan Bay and the sand dunes has few equals, and with the ever changing nature of the challenge offered by this acclaimed layout it’s time you played the Machrie!
The Machrie is Islay’s newest hotel. Opened summer 2018, The Machrie has undergone an extensive refurbishment that has lovingly restored the original building and fused it with the striking architecture of the new areas. Whether on the ground or first floor, all our rooms have unobstructed views of the island’s peat plains, the Mull of Oa or the green of our links and the Atlantic Ocean. 4 new lodges have also been added onto the links and offer more private accommodation only a minute’s walk from the main building.
The following amenities are available in all the rooms and suites:
- Flatscreen TV
- In room safe
- Desk & multi-plug charging station
- Bedside radio
- Complimentary bottled island water
- Minibar, tea & coffee station
- Bathrobes, slippers & hairdryer
- Local natural bathroom products
- Additional beds available in some rooms (charges apply)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Airport shuttle available (charges apply)
- Complimentary onsite parking
- Dogs allowed (charges apply)
- Links golf course, putting green, driving range, 6 hole wee course, pro shop
- Multiple dining and lounging options, including the outdoor restaurant terrace and the hotel courtyard
- PureGray spa and gym
- 30-seat screening room
We create tailor made golf breaks to all our locations. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your own bespoke quote (Also, see example packages tab on the left). We wont be beaten on price.
See more golf holidays in Scotland here