We continue to follow the relevant Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice for all destinations in which we operate. Should the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice change to advise against travel to any destination with which we operate, we will be in direct contact with our customers to discuss their options.
We’d like to advise our customers that local authorities may have introduced additional screening measures in certain areas and travel restrictions at airports and cruise ports may occur. We advise that when travelling you always take out the relevant and necessary travel insurance covering any aspect of unforeseen circumstance that may happen before or during your trip.
If you wish to speak to a member of our team regarding Coronavirus, please call us on 0800 1 30 30 99 between 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Please see below for a list of our most frequently asked questions about travel.
The situation is changing rapidly and we will be updating this page as we are notified of any changes by the FCO, but for up-to-the-minute advice, please visit:
Advice from the Association of British Insurers
Findagolfbreak.com is ATOL Bonded – Please note, ATOL relates to the failure of the providers of package holidays and not for a major medical outbreak like Coronavirus.
1) Should I be worried about booking a holiday?
We understand that the situation regarding Coronavirus is concerning for everyone, but we’d like to re-assure you about taking a holiday with Findagolfbreak.com
We are closely monitoring the FCO and other regulatory bodies advice in order to best look after our customers and ensure that we are able to act on your behalf with the most up to date travel information.
2) Should I cancel my holiday?
We are here to help you and go through what the best options might be for you. In most of the destination we supply, travel restrictions are currently in place.
3) What are my current options?
If you, or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time.
If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Postponing your break to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, such as the flight, as well any increase in cost imposed the golf venue and other suppliers);
- If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer your place on the holiday to another person nominated by you, subject always to the requirements of clause 19;
- Cancelling your holiday, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance. (If you choose to cancel your trip, then cancellation charges will apply and you should ensure you have taken out adequate travel insurance to cover this eventuality in advance.)
4) What will happen if my golf holiday is cancelled due to FCO advise and or restrictions in my chosen destination?
We will contact customers with bookings that need to change or cancel because of updated travel restrictions. One of our team will call you and follow up with an email if your break is affected by travel restrictions.
You can view the latest information online quickly via the FCO website if you would like to see the most up to travel advice please follow the link below: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
PLEASE NOTE: If your travel destination is not on the advisory list then your holiday is not currently affected by travel restrictions.
5) Information before you travel
With each country having individual policies around accepting visitors, it is important check the below before travelling.
- For up to date travel advice on the country you are due to visit, check FCO advice.
- Check your departure and arrival airport’s website for any specific measures that have been implemented.
- Ensure you are aware of any changes to flight times, or arrival times at your departure airport.
- Check you have adequate travel insurance and understand what is covered.
- Take face masks and hand sanitiser on your trip.
7) Can I speak to someone to discuss my booking?
Certainly, our office is open: Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm